Anais Morand: "We compare our level worldwide"
Country represented: Switzerland
Date of birth: March 10, 1993
Place of birth: Aigle
Home town: Vouvry
Height: 1.53 m (5 ft 0 in)
Partner: Antoine Dorsaz
Coach: Ingo Steuer
Choreographer: Ingo Steuer
VLAD: Hi Anais! Thanks for accepting our invitation!
ANAIS: Thank you for it!
- Anais,when did you feel first time you want to be a figure skater?
- When I was 6, watching TV with beautiful ladies dancing and doing some fantastic figures on the ice.
- What was the most difficult in learning figure skating basics for you?
- I think I didn’t have any special difficulty in learning figure skating. Everything was so new for me!
- How do you manage your time between skating, school, free time?
- Since we are in Germany (07.2008) I take more time for figure skating than anything else. I don’t have so much time for school but I know that stopping school would not be something good so I try to continue my study by internet or by correspondence. About free time, I do what I have to, like take care of my appartment, and sometimes I have time to go shopping or meeting some friends and go out in the weekend.
- How many hours per week do you train?
- Around 12 hours on the ice and also I do athletics,ballet and stretching. In general it’s 25 hours of sport.
- You and Antoine are only one pair skaters in Switzerland. And you skate very well.How do you compare your level?
- Well,we compare our level to other pairs in Europe and in the World. And our current level is because of hard work.
- For skaters it is an usual thing to travel from country to another to the competitions. How do you take long distances?
- I love it! And my partner too!We love travelling, meet new people, new places, learning new languages and competing! So that’s a good thing for us!
- What competition are still memorized in your career?
- All!!! Of course I keep the best souvenirs of the good ones, but I memorize also the failed ones, because from failed things you can always learn how to improve on.
- The history of figure skating has a lot of great skaters.Who is your favorite?
- I don’t have only one favourite skater.I love and respect Stephane Lambiel, Evgeni Plushenko, Aliona Savchenko and Robin Szolkowy and many others.
- Which ice rink is the most comfortable for you?
- I like any.I try to feel myself the most comfortable in all ice rinks. I just don’t like when it’s too cold-).
- What is your main dream in figure skating?
- Dream? Well, finishing my career with gold medals from European, World championships and hopefully from the Olympics-:).
- Anais,thank you very much! First, I wish you and Antoine good health. Also, a great performances at any of your competitions!
- Thank you so much,Vladislav!