Florent Amodio: "I want to keep my passion"
Date of birth: May 12, 1990 (age 19)
Place of birth: Sobral, Ceará, Brazil
Home town: Fremainville,Val-d’Oise
Height: 1.65 m (5 ft 5 in)
Coach: Bernard Glesser, Didier Manaud
Choreographer: Stanick Jeannette, Alexander Zhulin, Tyler Miles
Skating club: CSG Cergy Pontoise
VLAD: Hi Florent! First of all I’d like to congratulate you on your excellent performance at French National Championships!
FLORENT: Thank you so much!
- Florent,when did you feel first time you want to be a figure skater?
- I don’t know, maybe when I started to train everyday and skating take me a lot of time and a lot of passion.
- What was the most difficult in learning figure skating basics for you?
- I think for me the most difficult was the regularity of my jumps when I was younger and also my concentration on my programs. I’m lucky because for the choreography ,skating skills.Everything like that its more easy for me because I like dance, I like to move so it’s more easy but I work also,of course. We work hard with my coach and everything is better now.But there is still a lot of work-).
- How do you manage your time between skating,school,free time?
- I’ve got my first degree and I’ve got my exams to be a coach but I would like to continue my study. I try to keep the time for my family and for my friend before going to school and trainings.
- Do you like travel from a country to another to the competitions?
- It’s a real chance for me to have a possibility to travel all over the world and I’m happy to have it.
- How many hours in a day do you train?
- I have 3 or 4 hour in a day + the physical trainings and stretching.
- You are one of the very promising French skaters. Is it because of your hard work on the trainings?
- Yes,I work hard and I think it’s impossible to have a good results without it.I know I’m talented but I never forget about that element. I train my jumps, my program, my steps and I just want to keep my passion and take some pleasure when I skate.
- What competition are still memorized in your career?
- In my career there is many competitions on my mind. I can pick my junior Final,French Masters this year and the National Championships,of course.But now I already think about future competitions.
- The history of figure skating has a lot of great skaters. Who is your favorite?
- I haven’t favorite skaters,I know there are many great skaters.I can say I like Evgeni Plushenko,Elvis Stojko,Brian Joubert but I don’t want to copy them. I want to create my own skating style.
- What is your main dream in figure skating?
- My dream is to become a great champion and take all the time on the ice for my pleasure, and maybe become a famous person hahaha .
- You are the French National Champion. What’s it like to be the first in your own country?
- It’s honorable for me because France has got many great skaters so it’s hard to do a result like that but I work hard and for me that’s normal. And also it was a big surprise for me.I hope it’s just a start of a great story for me.
- Florent,thank you very much! I wish you all the best at the European Championships and at the Olympics!
- Thank you very much,Vladislav!