Evgeni Plushenko: “I want to become a legend of figure skating”
A sensitive defeat at the 2010 Olympics, disqualification, commercial projects and a kaleidoscope of star’s life did not destroyed sports passion of Evgeni Plushenko. In an interview with Moskovskie Novosti, 28-year-old skater told about his current preparation for the upcoming season.
- At what stage is the issue of your comeback to the sport related directly with the ISU decision?
Evgeni Plushenko: I think the International Skating Union will allow me to compete. Behind the scenes the problem is solved and all questions are closed. As far as I know, in July will be made the official decision.
- Did you meet ISU president Ottavio Cinquanta during the World championships in Moscow?
– Yes, I did. We met in Moscow and in Milan earlier. As I understand from our conversations there is no obstacle to my return.
- Have you already decided who will choreograph your new programs?
– Well, I have worked with Alexander Zhulin. Also, I have another new choreographer. It’s a young dance teacher. With her we have prepared my new exhibition program.
- Can you tell something about your new ideas?
– At the moment I can’t tell you about the details. We will prepare new programs now. Then we will train and correct them. Also, I have refused to participate in some ice shows in China and Japan because I want to concentrate on preparing for the new season.
- What about your old injuries?
– Now everything is very good. I thank the German and our doctors for their professionalism. I still have some little injuries but the same problems have every skater.
- How does your wife Yana Rudkovskaya reacted to the fact that you will compete again in a big sport?
– Jana welcomed my decisions and she will be with me in all competitions.
- You have all possible titles in figure skating. Would you like to finish your career becoming surely the first?
– Of course, I would like to do it. Also, I want to become a legend of figure skating which took the podium at four Olympic Games.