Julia Lipnitskaia takes gold in Poland
In Gdansk (Poland) hosted the third stage of the Junior Grand Prix of figure skating – JGP Baltic Cup. Ladies singles event ended with a confident victory of Russian Julia Lipnitskaia, who scored 172.51 points ahead of Japanese skater Satoko Miyahara. American Samantha Caesarea (153.84) earned the bronze.
Julia became age-eligible for junior international competition in the 2011/2012 season. JGP Baltic Cup was her debut at the Junior Grand Prix series. Her second assignment is Milan, Italy.
Lipnitskaia trained in Ekaterinburg until 2009 when she moved to Moscow and joined Eteri Tutberidze’s group. In the 2009/2010 season, she placed 5th on the junior level at the 2010 Russian Championships. She was 4th on the senior level the following season at the 2011 Russian Championships.
1. Julia Lipnitskaia (RUS) 172.51
2. Satoko Miyahara (JPN) 162.20
3. Samantha Cesario (USA) 153.84
1. Joshua Farris (USA) 202.45
2. Artur Dmitriev (RUS) 197.09
3. Ryuichi Kihara (JPN) 173.31
1. Britney Simpson / Matthew Blackmer (USA) 141.42
2. Katherine Bobak / Ian Beharry (CAN) 132.54
3. Tatiana Tudvaseva / Sergei Lisiev (RUS) 129.35
1. Victoria Sinitsina / Ruslan Zhiganshin (RUS) 140.31
2. Anastasia Galyeta / Alexei Shumski (UKR) 122.90
3. Anna Yanovskaia / Sergei Morozov (RUS) 121.72